Monday, November 12, 2012

It's been years...


Hello All,
Tonight's song I've dedicated it to my cousin Tiff. One summer we listened to this song the whole time...
I love this song... It brings back so many memories for me...
Hope you enjoy

Twin Rocks, Oregon by Shawn Mullins ~


I met him on the cliffs 
Of twin rocks oregon 
He was sittin on his bedroll 
Lookin just like richard brautigan 
I thought he was an old man 
He wasn't but 37 
He said he'd been ridin trains 
For 15 years 
Drawin portraits 
To keep his belly full of beer 
And it looked to me like he'd died 
And missed the plane to heaven 
But he was a nice ol' guy 
For a younger man 
He had a bottle of mad dog 
He held in his hand 
That he waved around a lot 
To make his point 
And I listened as he told his tales 
Of wine and women and county jails 
And we finished off that bottle 
And smoked a half a joint 
He said "I came here to watch the sun 
Disappear into the ocean 
It's been years 
Since I smelled this salty sea" 
He turned his bottle up and down 
And I saw him lost 
And I saw him found 
He said "I don't know 
What i've been lookin for,maybe me..." 
Well, I told him I too had been 
Travelin around livin out of my van 
From town to town playin for tips 
And whatever records I could move 
I said "I don't reckon i'll be 
Makin it big, 
You know it's hard to get rich 
Off a tout of coffee house gigs" 
And he said "yeah, but ain't it a blessin 
To do what you wanna do..." 
And I told him "yeah, I pulled off here 
To watch the sun disappear into the ocean 
`cause it's been years 
Since I smelled this salty sea" 
And he turned his bottle up and down 
He saw me lost and he saw me found 
And I said 
"I don't know what I've been looking for, maybe me" 
I said "it's getting kind of late 
Better be heading down the interstate 
Can I give you a lift 
To san francisco bay?" 
He said "nope, I think I'm just 
Going to sit here and rest 
And maybe wait on the 
Tokyo-montana express 
I might just lay here 
And dream my life away 
I'm going to sit right here, 
I'm going to watch the sun 
Disappear into the ocean 
`cause it's been years, it's been years 
I'm gonna turn my bottle up and down 
You can see my lost 
And you can see my found" 
I met him on the cliffs 
Of twin rocks, oregon 
He was sitting on his bedroll 
Looking just like richard brautigan 
Just like him

                                                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBEsXMkxcc

No comments:

Post a Comment